From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

A troffer is a rectangular light fixture that fits into a modular dropped ceiling grid (i.e. 2' by 2' or 2' by 4'). Troffer fixtures have typically been designed to accommodate standard fluorescent lamps (T12, T8, or T5), but are now often designed with integral LED sources. Troffers are typically recessed sitting above the ceiling grid, but are also available in surface mount 'boxes'.

Suspended ceiling


The troffer is the most common type of light fixture for use in commercial office spaces, schools, and lab facilities.


The word 'troffer' is a portmanteau of 'trough' and 'coffer'.[1]


  1. ^ "Merriam-Webster".
Retrieved from ""
This content was retrieved from Wikipedia :
This page is based on the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Troffer"; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA