Evraz

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
EVRAZ plc
Public limited company
Traded as LSEEVR
FTSE 250 Index component
Industry Steel
Mining
Founded 1992 (Moscow)
Headquarters London, United Kingdom
Key people
Alexander Abramov (Chairman)
Aleksandr Frolov (CEO)
Products Steel
Steel products
Vanadium Slag
Iron ore
Coal
Revenue US$10.520 billion (2017)[1]
US$1.986 billion (2017)[1]
US$759 million (2017)[1]
Owner Roman Abramovich (30.5%)[2]
Number of employees
80,000 (2018)[3]
Website www.evraz.com

EVRAZ plc (Russian: ЕВРАЗ) is a multinational vertically integrated steel making and mining company with headquarters in London, United Kingdom. It has operations mainly in Russia, but also in Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Italy, Czech Republic, the United States, Canada and South Africa. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. As of 2015, the ultimate beneficial owners were Roman Abramovich (31.03%), chairman Alexander Abramov (21.59%) and CEO Aleksandr Frolov (10.78%).[4]

History

The company was founded as a small metal trading business in 1992.[5] On 2 June 2005 Evraz Group floated some 8.3 percent of its shares in the form of GDR in London.[6] The company was priced at $14.50 per GDR implying an equity value of $5.15 billion.[6] An additional 6% stake was placed in January 2006, resulting in a total free-float of 14.3%.[7]

The company acquired Claymont Steel from H.I.G. Capital in 2008 for US$564.8 million.[8] The mill was closed in December 2013.[9]

Operations

Evraz is a vertically integrated holding with high self-sufficiency in iron ore and excess coking coal production, which enables the company to be one of the largest participants on the domestic coking coal market through its affiliates. EVRAZ also controls some metal trading and logistic assets. The business structure is as follows:[10]

Steel

Ore

  • Evrazruda mining and enrichment facilities in Kemerovo Oblast
    • In the Kemerovo Oblast: Tashtagol Mine, Kaz Mine, Sheregesh Mine, Gurev Mine, Abagur Sinter and Enrichment Plant
  • Kachkanarsky Ore Mining and Processing Enterprise - Vanady - KGOK pit mining in Sverdlovsk region;
  • Sukha Balka Mines, Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine.

Coal

  • Yuzhkuzbassugol coking coal mining in the Kuzbass Region
  • Raspadskaya/ coking coal company with three mines and one open pit in Mezhdurechensk, Kemerovo region, EVRAZ owns 82% of Raspadskaya

Vanadium

  • EVRAZ Highveld Steel and Vanadium Corporation Ltd. in South Africa
  • EVRAZ Vanady Tula
  • EVRAZ Nikom

Sales and logistics

  • Metallenergofinance MEF, supplying electricity and heat for Evraz facilities
  • Nakhodka Commercial Sea Port in the Russian Far East, handling most of Evraz' exports
  • Trading House EvrazHolding/TH EvrazHolding working in domestic sales
  • Trading House EvrazResource/TH EvrazResource working in domestic sales

Corporate structure

The company's interests in the majority of its subsidiaries are held indirectly through its ownership of Mastercroft. In June 2006, Evraz Group announced a transaction that resulted in the transfer to Greenlease International Holding of a 50% interest in Lanebrook Ltd., an entity controlled by the principal shareholders of Evraz Group. As of April 2015 Lanebrook Ltd. held 63.70% of the company's shares, with the ultimate beneficial owners being Roman Abramovich (31.03%), chairman Alexander Abramov (21.59%) and CEO Aleksandr Frolov (10.78%).[4]

See also

References

  1. ^ a b c "Annual Report 2017" (PDF). Evraz. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
  2. ^ https://www.marketscreener.com/EVRAZ-9428118/company/
  3. ^ "About us". Evraz. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
  4. ^ a b "Share information 20 April 2015". Evraz. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
  5. ^ "History of the Evraz Group". steelonthenet.com. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
  6. ^ a b EVRAZ Raises $422M in soft London IPO St Petersburg Times, 3 June 2005
  7. ^ "Russian and Kazakh firms set for relegation from FTSE 100". City AM. 29 May 2013. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
  8. ^ Sandle, Paul (2007-12-10). "Evraz Group agrees to buy Claymont Steel for about 564.8 mln usd cash". AFX News Limited. Thomson Financial News.
  9. ^ "Evraz Claymont Steel shutting down". Gannett. 14 October 2013.
  10. ^ Our business Archived 2011-12-05 at the Wayback Machine. Evraz
Retrieved from "https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Evraz&oldid=866921699"
This content was retrieved from Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evraz
This page is based on the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Evraz"; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA