Page semi-protected

Chak hinauta

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Chak hinauta is a village in Allahabad District, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is located 12 km east of Allahabad and 5 km from Sarainayat.

Etymology

Chak is an Urdu word which means village, and hinauta means sunflower.

Demographics

As of 2010, Chak hinauta had a population of 1500, with a male to female ratio of about 54:46. The residents have an average literacy rate of 82%.

Approximately 88% of the village is Hindu, with the remaining 12% being Muslim.

Economy

The area contains fertile but dry soil, with the primary crops being wheat, rice, and bajra.

Culture

The village is locally famous for the Hinautveer temple located on the eastern side of the village. The village is surrounded by mango trees and other greenery.

Since 2005, an academic and sporting competition for people across Allahabad called "Ashirwvad vishal khel kood pratiyogita" has been held annually. The event is held on the eve of Republic Day. Various track and field events are held, along with a mathematics competition for children and teenagers.

Education

Chauk hinauta has one primary school.

Coordinates: 25°24′N 81°58′E / 25.400°N 81.967°E / 25.400; 81.967

Retrieved from "https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Chak_hinauta&oldid=847675379"
This content was retrieved from Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chak_hinauta
This page is based on the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Chak hinauta"; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA